I’ve expressed my fondness for accessories on several occasions (1 & 2 for example). In this article in particular, we shall discuss (rather, I will demonstrate) the proper care instructions for your most precious jewels. Costume jewelry, ALDO purchases, vintage bangles…step aside. This one’s for all those real deals out there. Sterling silver, white gold, diamonds (if you’re out there), I’m talking to you.
Ladies, dig out your First Communion pieces, your graduation gifts, your personal indulgences and any of those pieces that you most cherish. Just like cleaning your makeup brushes, cleaning precious jewelry can be way low on the priority list. Consider this your cue to take 20 minutes out of your day to make your sparklers sparklier. Here’s your easy step-by-step guide to doing just that – be sure the entire piece is real or you’ll tarnish it! In a nutshell, there’s nothing like adding a little shine to your day.
- Baking Soda
- Dish soap
- Aluminum Foil
- Soft cloth
- Small bowl
1. Cut a piece of aluminum foil to cover bottom of bowl.
2. Add 1 cup of hot tap water.
3. Add 1 tbsp. of baking soda, salt and soap.
4. Stir mixture.
6. Rinse jewelry in warm water. Use a toothbrush to scrub extra dirty jewels.
7. Wipe with soft cloth.
8. Wear, admire and show off your good-as-new sparkle.